Saturday, 13 September 2014

Nasi Padang (Huana Pui)

Hello! Do you miss me?
It has been a long time since the last time I wrote on this blog.
Today, I wanna share a delicious traditional food original from Indonesia. 

 

It is 'NASI PADANG'

Nasi means rice, and Padang is an area or a capital city of West Sumatra province. So, Nasi Padang is a rice that come from Padang.

Nasi Padang is famous because its spicy taste that really show off Indonesian traditional food. Nasi Padang usually served with cassava leaves, jackfruit, beans, eggs or meat. 

Mostly, there are 2 kinds of eggs that served with Nasi Padang, such as round eggs (in the picture) and omelet. There are also many kinds of meat, those are written below.
1. Chicken
    - Rendang chicken
    - Grilled chicken
    - Fried chicken
    - Curry chicken
2. Beef
    - Rendang beef
3. Fish
    - Fried fish
    - Grilled fish
    - Fish with chili (in the picture)

Usually, Nasi Padang is eaten with hand. People said it will be more delicious. However, it still delicious if you eat with cutlery (spoon and fork).

For most Indonesian, Nasi Padang has its important role in life. Example like me, if I went abroad for holiday for 2 weeks or more, I will miss this food so much, and usually after arrived back at Indonesia, I will directly find a food stall to eat this tasty and spicy food.

If you come to Indonesia, you should try this food. It is easy to find Nasi Padang in Indonesia, almost every area sell this food. 

Okay, I think that's all I want to share tonight. 
Hope you have a happy tummy.
See you when I write again. Good Bye.
God Bless.












No comments:

Post a Comment